Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Graduate Student Projects - UT Austin

Howdy Y'all,

For once I am posting about a job that I know about! I am looking for several new graduate students to join my lab and work on two different geobiological projects. The first is a study of Early Jurassic exceptional fossil deposits from black shales. The student would start with the taphonomy of the Ya Ha Tinda Lagerstätte, but then would be encouraged to expand that work to similar environments or similar time intervals. The second is a project in Morocco looking at the Early Jurassic Oceanic Anoxic Event and its effect on marine communities, specifically the reefs. This 4-D study of community collapse will have a number of facets that a student could explore during their thesis. See more detailed project descriptions below, interested students should contact me directly at Martindale<at>jsg.utexas<dot>edu.

I am hoping to find students who could start in the fall of 2018, although there is the possibility of starting sooner as a research assistant. I do have a strong preference for PhD students with a background in research (either a job/internship, undergraduate research experience, or preferably an MSc), but will look at all applications.


No comments:

Post a Comment