Monday, January 13, 2020

Meet your new GBGM Student Representative

Hello GBGM community,
Please join us in welcoming Alison Cribb as our newest Student Representative for the GSA Geobiology and Geomicrobiology Division.

Student Representative (2020-2022): Alison Cribb (University of Southern California)
I am delighted to join the GBGM Division as a student representative. I am a Ph.D. student at the University of Southern California, where my research focuses on the co-evolution of Earth systems and animal ecosystem engineers. Specifically, I currently study when different bioturbating animals evolved during the Cambrian Substrate Revolution, how they responded to mass extinction events, and how they influence benthic biogeochemical cycles and ecosystem habitability. I integrate methods in paleoecology, geochemistry, and sedimentology to address my research questions. I have been a member of GBGM since I was an undergraduate, and I am honored to serve our community and work alongside such incredible academics in geobiology and geomicrobiology! 










No comments:

Post a Comment