The Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy are looking for a visiting professor for their key research areas ENVIRONMENT or ANTHROPOSPHERE to contribute valuably in research and teaching (including independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement / supervision of students).
- Doctoral degree / PhD in a subject field relevant to the research areas ENVIRONMENT or ANTHROPOSPHERE, and post-doctoral experience
- Outstanding achievements in research, excellent publication record, international reputation, proven success in acquiring third-party funding
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), and to promote young academic colleagues
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proactive, creative, and willing to work in a team
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Lists of publications, talks given, acquired third-party funds
- Overview of previous academic teaching
- Copies of certificates
Duration of employment: 6 months
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 17.09.2017, mentioning reference number 7545.