|Outgoing president Marc Laflamme (right) and incoming president Simon Darrock (left)|
The Distinguished Career Award Recipient Dawn Sumner (University of California - Davis)
|Dawn Sumner (left) and outgoing president Marc Laflamme (right)|
|Dawn said this was one of the most meaningful awards she had won because it was from her own people (Geobiologists). Thank you for being a fabulous advocate for geobiology Dawn!|
The Pre-Tenure Award Recipient Erik Sperling (Stanford University)
|We expect great things Erik, no pressure!|
|Outgoing president Marc Laflamme (left) and Erik Sperling (right)|
The 2015 student presentation award winners
|Left to right: Marc Laflamme, Sharon Newman, Lucy Chang, Brooke Long, Sarah Kahanamoku, and Simon Darroch|
Oral Presentation Winners:
- Lucy Chang: 'Morphological predictors of background extinction risk for ammonites through the Cretaceous'
- Sharon Newman: 'A recipe for cyanobacterial fossilization in siliciclastic environments'
- Erynn Johnson: 'Can we learn anything from all those pieces? Obtaining data on drilling predation from fragmented high-spired gastropod shells'
- Dylan Wilmeth: 'Microbial metabolisms influence carbonate precipitation in a laminated microbial mat'
Poster Presentation Winners:
- Sarah Kahanamoku: 'High-throughput semi-3D imaging of macroinvertebrates: a test case using Northeastern Pacific patellogastropods'
- Brooke Long: 'Testing the association of Stewartia floridana shell morphology with environmental parameters in a coastal seagrass area'
- William Gearty: 'Phylogenetic and fossil evidence for a common body size attractor in marine mammals'
- Elizabeth Clark: 'Biomechanical analysis of stylophoran (phylum Echinodermata) motion'
We hope everyone enjoyed the lunch, see you next year!