Job Title: Assistant Professor in Earth Sciences (2 posts)
Grade: Grade 7 – Grade 8
Working arrangements: The role is full time but we will consider requests for flexible working arrangements including potential job shares
Salary Range: £32,548 - £47,722
Closing Date: 31 October 2018
Start Date: Successful candidates will ideally be in post by 1st June 2019
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the department’s teaching programme through the provision of high quality teaching through lectures, practicals, small groups and field-trips, as required;
- Conduct research of the highest quality and present findings in international publications;
- Obtain funds to sustain an independent research programme;
- Contribute to the recruitment and supervision of postgraduate research students;
- Contribute to the Department’s wider academic goals through collaboration both within and beyond the University
- Engage with external organisations to promote the cultural, social, environmental and/or economic benefit of your research;
- Contribute to the administration and management of the Department.
More details about the Job and how to apply can be found here: www.dur.ac.uk/resources/jobs/arc2018/eart18-51_280818.pdf
What to Submit
All applicants are asked to submit:
1. A CV
2. A covering letter which details your experience, strengths and potential in the requirements set out above;
3. A personal research plan.
4. Two of your most significant pieces of written work, all of which published or submitted since 2014.
5. You should provide details of 3 academic referees and the details of your current line manager so that we may seek an employment reference (if they are not listed as an academic referee).
Your work should be uploaded as PDFs as part of your application in our recruitment system. Please ensure that your PDFs are not larger than 2mb. Please note that your work may be read by colleagues from across the Department and evaluated against the current REF criteria; Please save all application documents with your name and document type as PDF files. We will notify you on the status of your application at various points throughout the selection process, via automated emails from our e-recruitment system.